Monday, July 12, 2010

Lightning Round - 071210

Lou Christie, call your office:
  • We went to the new Ramsey County Library in Roseville yesterday. We'll have more to say about what we saw in the next few days, but I do want to confirm one thing: what Force50 of Boots On saw was true -- they have "reserved" spaces for politically favored vehicles. And sure enough, there was a Prius sitting in one of the "Reserved for Fuel Efficient Vehicles" spots that are right outside the front door. I think it appropriate that someone park a Ford Excursion or a '73 Dodge Dart in one of those spots just to see what happens. Also, since I had Mrs. D, Benster and Fearless Maria with me, I felt free to park in one of the carpool spots with my benighted SUV. No one said a word.
  • I guess Spain won the World Cup. Good for them. Can we put the vuvuzelas away now?
  • There's probably a significant readership overlap between this feature and Mitch Berg's Shot in the Dark, so it's possible many readers have already seen his always-excellent posts on military history. If not, it's just another reason why you should visit. He has a fascinating piece up about the beginning stages of the Battle of Britain right now. Check it out -- highly recommended.

No comments: