The FBI has concluded a review of newly-discovered emails related to Hillary Clinton, and sees no reason to change its previous conclusions about Clinton's use of a private server when she was secretary of state, FBI Director James Comey said in a letter to Congress today.A few thoughts:
In July, after a year-long investigation, the FBI concluded that charges against Clinton were not warranted, saying agents had not found any evidence that Clinton knowingly sent or received classified information on the server.
On October 28, Comey wrote to Congress that the FBI was going to investigate emails potentially related to Clinton that had been found during an unrelated investigation.
- Yesterday I predicted that Hillary Clinton would win the election narrowly and that, shortly thereafter, the FBI would start leaking like a sieve. This result pretty much guarantees it.
- WikiLeaks (remember that?) isn't done, either. We will have something approaching a full accounting of Clintonworld before too long.
- But does anyone really care? Apparently enough people in this country are okay with the corruption of the Clintons and are willing to pull the lever for them, likely enough to hand Hillary Clinton the presidency.
- As for Comey himself -- who knows what to think? He's a hero, a scoundrel, a hero, a scoundrel. He's a careerist, he's corrupt, he's a crusader, he's a cautious investigator, he's a man of probity, he'd sell his grandmother for a nickel, he's this season's John Roberts. He knows everything, he knows nothing. He's Schrödinger's Bureaucrat.
- Meanwhile, we learned yesterday that among Hillary Clinton's other accomplishments, she was fond of having her maid print out classified emails. As usual, America's Greatest Newspaper had the winning pun:
|My life is changing in so many ways I don't know who to trust any more|
It's a beautiful world, kids. And on Wednesday, the fun really begins.