Friday, June 02, 2006

On the fly

Only have a minute, so here's a few very quick thoughts:

Our Phillies lost to the Cubs 4-3 on Thursday. My son was 1-2 and stole two bases. Cubs coaches showed their commitment to letting the kids play by intentionally walking our best hitter twice when he had a chance to drive in runners in scoring position. Guy thinks he's Billy Martin or something. Let the kids play, for God's sake!

Is it just me, or is the MSM rooting for the Haditha story to be murder/genocide? Sure seems that way. Events are much more congenial when they conform to your template.

Thought experiment - what would happen if the U.S. pulled out of Iraq immediately. Would we be safer? Do you really want to find out?

The funniest meme/trope going around these days is the notion that Bush is the worst president in history. I can think of three who were demonstrably worse in my lifetime, and I'm only in my early forties. What would make Bush worse than the 70s parlay of Nixon, Ford and Carter? Just wondering.

Peace out - more next week.

No comments: