Thursday, May 29, 2008

Introducing the Blueberry Bombers


Maria's first year of fastpitch softball began this evening in the rain at Turtle Lake School. Maria is playing in-house ball in the Mounds View softball association and is on the "blue" team, a/k/a the Blueberry Bombers. They played their first game against the Purple Panthers. At this age range, the score isn't that important and I don't even know what the score was. But I do know that Maria played well, fielding her position well and slapping two singles.


I have coached Maria's teams the past couple years but this time I'm taking a back seat. I'm a baseball coach and softball is a different (if similar) game. Her coach is very smart and knows softball much better than I do. Maria is in good hands and we're going to have a lot of fun. All her games will take place at Turtle Lake School on Thursday nights and the season will run most of the summer. It's going to be great watching her improve.

No comments: