Monday, July 29, 2013

Vacation Mode

I spend a lot of time on politics here, but I've always been ambivalent about it, because I find much of what politicians do distasteful at best. We've been building a leviathan state in this country for the better part of 100 years now, really since the time of Woodrow Wilson, and it's now at the point where things are so sclerotic that the future is going to involve a lot of pain, no matter what course we choose.

It's good to get away from all that and while I'll still be writing about politics a lot, I suspect, I'm going to spend the next few weeks writing about some other things. Our family is going on vacation later this week and we'll have a chance to see a few things we haven't seen before. We'll talk a little about that, but also we'll talk a little bit about what's happening outside of the usual parameters of this blog. We're at a point in our lives where some big changes are afoot and things aren't going to be the same any more, so it doesn't make sense for this blog to remain the same.

2 comments:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

I do earnestly hope that those changes are good ones.

Mr. D said...

They are, Picklesworth. The kids are growing up and Benster is getting ready for his senior year in high school, which means changes are ahead. And there will be more changes beyond that, but they are inevitable and nothing we fear.