Sunday, February 02, 2014

Benster and D Pick Your Game -- Super Bowl Sunday Edition

Yeah, it's the big one this time. How big?


We're comin' to join ya! Watch me work!

Seattle Seahawks (+2.5) vs. Denver Broncos, in suburban Jersey. Okay, first things first. I know you've been waiting patiently for me to address the now-infamous rant of Richard Sherman. I think that he should not have used the opportunity to make himself a target. All he did was tip a pass. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't talk unless you get a pick, all right? In fact, I hope he has been working on pre-snap adjustments, because you can be assured that Peyton Manning will be making a boatload of pre-snap adjustments. He might even mention Omaha while he's at it. What concerns me about Seattle is that they have no Super Bowl experience. Not one of their players has even been to a Super Bowl. That's a scary thing. What's even more scary is that Denver has the X Factor -- Montee Ball. Yes, you heard right. Everybody is talking about the matchups in the passing game and if Seattle can generate pressure against Manning. But, what Ball gives you is another running back who has played very well in big games. If Denver is going to win, they need to run the football. Ball and Knowshon Moreno need to combine for 150 yards on the ground and two touchdowns. If they do that, Seattle will have to play catch-up, and as much as it  hurts me to say this, Russell Wilson hasn't had to make comebacks yet. Denver 31, Seattle 28. By the way, that score is in overtime.

Okay. That's plausible. Let's also address Richard Sherman. Here is his rant:


Actually, there's a prototype for this rant, way back in the early 1970s:


Switch out "Crabtree" for "Raschke" and tell me it's any different. I will say this -- I think I speak for all Americans in saying that I prefer looking at Erin Andrews over Marty O'Neil. Anyway, now that we have that resolved, on to the game. I think Peyton Manning is ready. Have you seen this game face?

Rubbing his hands just like Snidely Whiplash
I give all credit to Richard Sherman for being a total entertainer, but seriously, do you really want some of that? I don't think so. Denver 28, Seattle 24.

And a message to Richard Sherman -- if you think I'm wrong, you can tell me. Use me for motivation -- I don't care. I'm a mediocre picker. Mediocre, right? We'll find out. Ben out!

1 comment:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

In this instance? Yes, Benster, you were a mediocre picker. But not a lonely one.