Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just checking. . . .

So, I heard there was one of them Tea Parties today at the Capitol. Might not be true, though, because I don't see any evidence of it on the Star Tribune website. If anyone can provide independent confirmation, let me know!

UPDATE (4/16/09, 7:30 a.m.): I owe the Star Tribune an apology: they covered the event prominently, even giving it a picture and article above the fold on the front page of this morning's dead tree edition. Credit where it's due!

7 comments:

my name is Amanda said...

Not the front page, but located in the Nation section: http://www.startribune.com/nation/43074577.html?elr=KArks:DCiUMEaPc:UiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Mr. D said...

Hey, excellent! But do we know if they actually had one here? The Star Tribune neither confirms nor denies.

my name is Amanda said...

OHhhhh - you said "the Capitol" and I assumed DC.

Look at me thinking of Federal gov before State gov.

Oh well. It's on KARE 11 now, I am seeing.

W.B. Picklesworth said...

I looked around and found a group of photos. They were captioned, but there wasn't a write-up yet. It was in the local section.

Mr. D said...

I'm being facetious -- there is some coverage, but it is grudging. And there's a story in that. A very old story.

Anonymous said...

Why the Star Tribune cover activities by obvious subversives? Didn't you read the warning from Homeland Security? Oh that's right the warning was partially about you....Big Brother is watching you!

Night Writer said...

I read the Strib description this morning and it wasn't too bad. The photos showing the signs did a good job and I don't recall any selective editing where they only showed the flakiest people/signs. The reporting in the story wasn't too dismissive. There wasn't much, though, about the parties in Fairmont, Duluth, Grand Marais and other places.