Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Mitch hits a milestone

Mitch Berg notes a number in passing that deserves a comment:
I switched to WordPress in November of 2006, right before the mid-term elections.

And in that time, I (and my various co-authors over the years, Johnny Roosh, Bogus and First Ringer) have published 9,999 posts.

And this is number 10,000. 
Ten thousand blog posts is pretty astonishing. Of Mitch's co-bloggers, only our friend First Ringer has been what you might call a regular contributor to Shot in the Dark. In comparison, we've published just over 3,800 blog posts here since this feature began in December, 2005. Of the 10,000 posts that have appeared on SITD, I'd wager that at least 9,500 came from the mind and keyboard of Mitch.

It's difficult to face the blank screen every day. Beyond the great number of posts, Mitch has maintained a level of quality at Shot in the Dark that the rest of us can only hope to emulate.

As regular readers of this feature know, I use the headline "il miglior fabbro" when I share the work of someone who says something better than I could. The term, which means "the better craftsman" in Italian, is something I borrowed from T.S. Eliot, who borrowed it from Dante when he used the phrase to dedicate his epic poem The Waste Land to Ezra Pound. I could give Mitch the "il miglior fabbro" designation on a daily basis. A tip of the hat to you, good sir!

No comments: