Monday, December 22, 2014

More crap on the internet

This has been making the rounds lately:

C'mon, man

I will stipulate that there are atheists and agnostics who are kind and decent. And any honest Christian knows that the faithful are all sinners in one way or another. If I want to see a sinner, all I have to do is look in the mirror.

Francis is many things, but he's not a pagan. I have seen a lot of ostensibly intelligent people who seem to think that the man who sits on the throne of St. Peter is really going to argue that the traditional notion of God is outdated, and they also apparently believe that utterly ludicrous notion would be (a) possible and (b) desirable.

If you want to understand the problem that the Catholic Church (and Christendom generally) faces, this is it. Oh, and one other thing:


2 comments:

Gino said...

i have seen the Pope post several times on my wall, all from peeps who have totally rejected any and all Church teaching and theology, as well as any concept of a 'pope' beyond their own selves.

in my mind, they have no point to begin with.

Mr. D said...

i have seen the Pope post several times on my wall, all from peeps who have totally rejected any and all Church teaching and theology, as well as any concept of a 'pope' beyond their own selves.

Exactly.