Monday, February 18, 2013

3,500 Posts and Counting

When I first started this blog at the end of 1995 2005, I had no idea that it would go on for as long as it has. I wrote the following that day:
Blogging is like dropping a penny in a well; you listen for a splash and sometimes you don't hear one. But we'll do what we can to give you a worthwhile splash or two.
This is the 3,500th post that has appeared in this space. So far we haven't run out of pennies. And I don't think we will any time soon. Thank you for your support, advice and wisdom.

UPDATE:  Duh, it was 2005. Thanks to Brian for catching that.

4 comments:

Brian said...

1995? Did mimeograph it and mail it out then?

;)

(I suspect you mean 2005, but I couldn't resist. And congratulations.)

Mr. D said...

I did mean 2005. Need more coffee when I write.

Thanks!

3john2 said...

Seems to me as if I've read 3,511. Perhaps I've read a couple of them twice. Congratulations on your streak!

Gino said...

thats a lot of posts. i havent a clue how many i've made, i dont look. i'm all about today anyway...
probably the reason why i'm broke...

grats D. you've earned it.