Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Benster and D Pick Your Games -- The Bears Still Suck Edition

Old dude, what better way for the season to start than by having the Bears take on the Packers?

Sing it with us!


They really really really really really really suck. It's one of the truths in the world.

In uncertain times, it's always good to hold fast to your core beliefs, young fella.

I'm feeling the HYYYYYYYYYPPPPPE! and excited for yet another season in which the people get to read my delusional rantings, er, I mean, reasoned analysis. Watch me work!

Glorious Green Bay Packers (+3) vs. Bear Down Chicago Da Bearz Still Suck. Gino would like to remind you that Bears NFC North Championship gear is still available at your local store, although at a slight discount these days. I would like to remind you that the Bears started last year by blowing a 20-0 lead to the Packers, and ended the year by hitting the upright against the Eagles. Kinda like this:


Oh my goodness, Cris Collinsworth delivers the eulogy! A double doink! Just remember that it was all Cody Parkey's fault. It wasn't the fault of the Bears offense, which certainly could have scored more than 15 points. Nor was it the fault of the defense, which gave up a late touchdown! Now, I can already hear the Bears fans saying, "hey, the Packers were 6-9-1 last season." That's true. But the Packers have improved. This game is going to be close. I like the Packers's chances. Packers 24, da Bearz 17.

I want to believe. But I also remember this:


Miraculously, Aaron Rodgers got up from that one and won the game. But the rest of the season was a slow-motion fade into oblivion. I do hope the Packers have figured out how to block the Bears, because the next time, Aaron might not get up. I think the Packers will be better this season. They might even be substantially better than last year. It would be difficult to be worse. But I see Tim Boyle on the sideline. And it makes me worry. This will be a tough one to win. Bears 21, Packers 14.

Oh, Old Dude of little faith! You need to stop watching this sort of thing:


1977 isn't walking through that door. It's 2019, baby! We'll be back on Friday with more picks! Ben out!

2 comments:

Gino said...

I think the Bears take this game. They are the better team at the moment, and they are playing at home.

same as last year, our DEF will keep us in the game. the question is if the O can do its job. too many times last year, it couldnt.

Petercorp said...

The Bears sill have a solid D. It was nice to see the pack pick up the road win in the division to start the year off. I wasn't expecting that. I was hoping for a close loss. Maybe they have an outside shot at a wild card, or even to win a weak division.

How many talented QB's are the Bears going to squander in their game manager style system? Other than a few trick plays and gimmicks Naggy runs too conservative an offense. It will not matter how many weapons that they put in that side of the ball in Hicag. Fans down here in KC are glad that he's no longer here. They realize that Alice Smith wasn't the only problem.

If he were still here KC may not know that they have the greatest QB to ever take the field at that position in the history of all types of football. I don't pay close enough attention to soccer ball to know what the equivalent is, but a Chiefs fan told me so. I'll digress as I battle more hype dealing with KC's version of superfans that isn't funny. I'll figure out how to let them step aside for the true HYPE of the Benster. JP, out