Friday, November 13, 2020

Benster and D Pick Your Games---Better Than Election Counters Edition

 Old dude, I think that I am going to not magically stop and start counting when compared to certain elections in certain parts of the country. 

Will it help our predictions?

Probably not, but who does the counting makes all the difference.

I've known that for years thanks to this guy:

Ahh aaa aaa!

Yeah, there will be some people who are angry. But not as angry as A School In Columbus fans who want Kevin Warren fired. Could you imagine the reaction if they can't play two more games?

Ohio State will go ballistic. As would the NCAA. And the networks, among others.

Yeah. No doubt. In other news, the Badgers are finally back. Thank the Lord for that. I am feeling the HYYYYYYPPPEEE!, and it is time to watch me work.

Iowa Hawkeyes (-3.5) vs. Minnesota Golden Elite Rowers of the Boat This game should not be on a Friday night, as it is not traditional. PJ Fleck can keep on dropping his sayings and branded merchandise all he wants, but he has never beaten Iowa. That has to change as I'm getting the sense that some Gopher fans are starting to leave the Boat. Iowa is a tough matchup, and their running game should give the Gophers problems. PJ can't live off one win against Penn State forever. Iowa 24, Row Row Row Your Boat Elitely 0.

I continue to be confused by what I see from the B1G this year. Difficult to tell what side is up. Game is in Minneapolis and I think that is the difference. Gophers 28, Iowa 20.

Beloved Wisconsin Badgers (-4.5) vs. Michigan Wolverines Thank the lord that I can finally talk about the Badgers again. They are still eligible to defend the West, and this game is going to be interesting. The big question is who will be lining up under center in Ann Arbor. If Graham Mertz is freed from the clutches of Kevin Warren's policies, then I feel great. If not, then the team will have to rely on being hungry like the Chase Wolf. As for Michigan, this game is going to be a defining one for the coaching staff. Jim Harbaugh has been a disaster, and it honestly cracks me up. I remember back in the day when people called out Lloyd Carr for not being good enough. Well, funny how things change. Ann Arbor is a tough place to win, but I think the Badgers can get it done. Badgers 31, Michigan 10.

Ol' Lloyd looks pretty good in retrospect. I have no idea what the Badgers are going to look like, but I don't think a trip to Ann Arbor is going to be pleasant. Having said that. . . Badgers 24, Michigan 20.

Minnesota Vikings (-2.5) vs. Bear Down Chicago Da Bearz Still Suck So it turns out that Da Bearz could actually be frauds. It just warms my heart. The Vikings have looked good, and could still somehow get into the playoffs. Dalvin Cook is a great weapon to have in cold weather, and the weather is getting colder. Get ready for the announcers to mention how Kirk Cousins has a terrible record in primetime games and on Monday Night Football multiple times. As for Da Bearz, their offense is really bland and predictable under the direction of Big Dick Nick. I hope the Vikings win to help us in the division. But if the Vikings lose, pray for Corey Cove and Ron Johnson. Vikings 24, Da Bearz Still Suck 10.

Lotta history for the Vikings in Chicago and almost all of it is bad. Dalvin Cook is great, but he's injury-prone. If he holds up the rest of the year, the Vikings are dangerous. Bears 21, Vikings 18.

Jacksonville Jaguars (+13) vs. Glorious Green Bay Packers So last week went pretty well for the Packers. Despite what morons like Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long had to say about the team, they got it done against the 49ers and should be healthier. Jacksonville has talent, and certainly will be up for this game. This game will not be played in the heat of Florida, but will be in Lambeau in the cold. Packers should roll comfortably. Packers 45, Jags 17.

I don't see a lot of success in the offing for the Jags. The talent gap is pretty big. The point spread seems a bit high to me, but I think the Pack wins. Packers 34, Jaguars 20.

Enjoy your football this weekend. Ben out. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you both place too much faith in the Bears offense to put up points.