Friday, January 20, 2012

Benster and D Pick Your Games -- Not That They Really Matter At This Point Edition

So old dude, I heard you won the election and are now the new Mayor of the MOB.

You heard right, Seabiscuit. It's quite an honor.


So tell me -- how you are going to use nepotism to give me a really sweet job in your administration?

Keep this under your hat, young fella, but I believe you are being vetted for a potential position as the Minister of HYYYYYYYYPPPPPE!


That seems like a lateral move to me. I've been doing HYYYYYYYPPPPPE! for a number of years now. What else ya got?

You should probably just let the process play out, young fella. This is how they got Blago, ya know.


Good point, Decrepit! Anyway, we do have to pick the remaining games, even though the Green Bay Packers are no longer part of the tournament. I gotta tell you, my heart isn't in this, but I'm nothing if not contractually obligated to offer my views on such things. So watch me work!

Baltimore Ravens (+7) vs. New England Patriots. It's the classic matchup. Offense vs. Defense. Style vs. Substance. Ratty Hooded Sweatshirt against Nylon-Clad Generic Coach. So many contrasts, old dude! I learned my lesson last week when I was foolhardy enough to say that the Patriots would be shut out. Instead, they scored 45 points and Tom Brady threw six touchdowns. I'm not afraid to say that I might have been a little wrong about that one, but as a fully licensed prognosticator and high school sophomore, I feel that I do have a professional opinion to offer. And I'm also very predictable. Ravens 24, Pats 0.


Slow learner, too, apparently. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens pull this off, because they are a superior defensive team, but I don't know that they can score enough to win. I'm going to say that they do beat the spread, though. Pats 31, Ravens 27.


New York Football Giants (+2.5) vs. San Francisco 49ers. I also learned that it's a bad idea to question the New York media, since they are a lot louder than I am. I'm pretty sure I could take Mike Lupica in a game of one-on-one, since he's, what, 73 or something, but he's seen a few things that I haven't. Like the Civil War, for example. I kid, I kid. The Giants played well, I'll admit, and they are the ever-popular "hot team" that is always noticed at this time of year. What I don't get is this -- if they were so hot, how did they lose to the Redskins in December? Hot must be a different concept in New York. As for the game, I highly doubt that Eli Manning is going to have a good game, because he is still turnover-prone. If everything breaks right, the Giants could win. But I don't think they will. Niners 14, G-Men 10.


I watched the game last week. Pretty much every stinking minute of it. The Giants were dominant. Can they do it again? I don't see why not. The 49ers are a talented team, but they haven't been there before. The Giants have. I think that makes the difference. Giants 27, 49ers 20.


Well, that's all I have for this one. Excuse me while I fight my way through the lobby where all the job applicants are lining up for patronage positions. Ben out!

No comments: