Friday, May 21, 2010

Lightning Round - 052110

Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin:
  • This whole immigration/Arizona thing has grown tiresome, but I continue to be astonished at the gall of the Mexican President Felipe Calderon. Allahpundit shares the amusing CNN transcript, in which Calderon blithely ignores the inconvenient matter that Mexico treats immigrants/aliens far more harshly than the U.S. does.
  • I don't know who decided that it would be a good idea to shut down 2 lanes of traffic on northbound 35W as it winds its way from Roseville through Arden Hills, but they need to know that the the traffic jams they caused on the residential streets yesterday were absolutely horrible. 35W was impassable and it forced tens of thousands of cars onto the residential streets. There were hellacious traffic jams on Old Highway 8, County Road D and Lake Johanna Boulevard. How do I know this? I got to experience all of them. It took me an hour to get from my house to my son's baseball game last night in Shoreview. It usually takes about 15 minutes. Awful, awful, awful.

2 comments:

Night Writer said...

Don't think of it as construction; think of it as traffic rationing. Now think of it applied to healthcare.

CousinDan54915 said...

Wait until Obama starts rationing baseball.