Haven't done a bullet post in a while. And this will be Obama-free!
- Libertas is reporting that the NFL is involved in making a biopic about Vince Lombardi. This is the first time the NFL is directly involved in a motion picture. I'll be very curious to see how this turns out. And by the way, I wanted to give Libertas a shout-out. It's a site that looks at film from a conservative perspective. It's very well done and well worth a visit. Hit the link and see for yourself, or visit my sidebar.
- We finally were able to get outside and have a decent practice with the Little League team that I'm coaching this evening. It has been a long winter here in Minnesota (just ask Leo)and the kids were happy to actually take the field, even if it meant dancing around an ungroomed infield with an absolutely astonishing amount of goose poop. I'm cautiously optimistic about the team's chances: we have some talented kids this year and so far the attitudes are very good. Coaching youth sports is probably my favorite activity and baseball is such a wonderful game. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to help.
- Pope Benedict arrived today and will be very busy in the next few days. The headlines have related to Benedict's statement that he is "deeply ashamed" about the sex scandals that have rocked the American church in recent years. I'm glad he's talking about this issue up front, because you know he'll be asked about it repeatedly while he's here. For the sake of the Church and for the sake of all Catholics, we need to start repairing this breach. And if that means some of the Church hierarchy needs to go, especially here in the United States, so be it.
- It's tax day and it looks like we'll be okay for the year. Other people, not so much. But since we're all Happy To Pay For A Better Minnesota, guess we can't complain. Maybe tomorrow I'll go and take a subsidized light rail train ride to celebrate.
- If I've seemed cranky in recent days, there's been a good reason. I managed to get through 40+ years of life with my wisdom teeth intact, but had to get them pulled last week. I've tried to be my usual self, but blogging and painkillers don't really mix well. What a drag it is getting old....