Thursday, April 03, 2008

Guilty Pleasures Part Ten -- Maria Takes Over And Demands Girls


For the latest installment of this feature, my daughter Maria is taking over. Maria is 8 years old. 8 going on 30, sometimes. She will share her umistakable style with you. Here she comes. . . .


Here I AM!!!!!!!!!! Well, at least we're finally getting the GIRLS in the game! First, I thought that boys were going to reign over the rest of the earth. But still, that's not true! And I am, as my usual self, filled with COMEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!


Okay, let's get on to the real part. I've noticed that when my dad does this, he picks a lot of bands that have boys in them. That's got to stop! I'm taking over, and I'm going to let you pick from FOUR DIFFERENT BANDS! And they ALL HAVE GIRLS IN 'EM! Here's the vote this time!


First, in this corner, we have:


"Walk Like an Egyptian," by the Bangles


Next, in the far corner, we have:


"Head Over Heels," by the Go Gos


Okay, are you entertained yet? Here's the next one!


"I Love Rock 'N Roll," by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts


And finally, from 20 years before I was born!


"Even It Up," by Heart


Okay. Now, let's get some votes here! All right? If you don't, I'll sic my Webkinz on you!


If that doesn't scare you, nothing will. Polls are open - vote early, vote often! Do re me fa so la ti THE END!!!!!!

14 comments:

Benster said...

Since I can't vote for "Yellow Submarine," I'll have to go with "Walk Like an Egyptian."

Hey Dad, can I pick the songs next time? They won't be so lame, then.

Gino said...

i vote for heart.
no two babes can rock like those two can rock.

Fearless Maria said...

Well, silly stupid poopie person, my songs aren't lame. They rock. Just ask anyone.

p.s. I can't believe you showed me your password, Ben. Plus, I hear a foghorn. It must mean your real parents from Botobio are back....

Fearless Maria said...

Hey Gino,

I think my brother is a stupid poopie person. Not you. Just so you know.

Maria

Mr. D said...

Okay, if you kids don't start behaving yourselves, I'll have to turn this blog around.....

Sternly,
Dad

Daria said...

This is no contest. Heart rocks!

- D

Anonymous said...

Love the California Girl Band sound, so it's a toss-up between the Bangles and the Go-Gos...hmm, Go-Gos had a better body of work, imho, but "Walk Like an Egyptian" was the best single overall...Bangles!

Strolling Amok said...

What? I'm the only one voting for Joan Jett?

Mr. D said...

Well SA, with your vote she's beating the Go Go's. Just like she did way back when....

Leo Pusateri said...

I gotta go with Joan Jett...

Although mid 70s Heart was pretty kick-*ss with "Magic Man" and "Crazy on You"

Anonymous said...

I heard Heart being interviewed on the radio a couple of years back. Boy, did they ever put the "More" in Moronic!

Anonymous said...

I was leaning toward Heart, but Night Writer made me remember hearing what was probably the same radio interview. So I amgoing with Joan Jett.

Rich

Mike said...

Go-Gos...all of the members were women (that eliminates Joan Jett and the Blackhearts and Heart), and they were more consistent than the Bangles. Now, if we're talking Belinda Carlisle vs Susanna Hoffs, that's a much tougher call.

Dan S. said...

I, too, used to be a big fan of "Heart." (I liked their music, too... *wink*).

I never was crazy about "Even It Up," though, so I'll vote for the Bangles.