Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Your Arrogant New Brighton Overlords

We wrote about the ballot question in New Brighton last week. The city government has put out, at taxpayer expense, a voter guide that misrepresents the question. That's trouble enough. But worse, they had their propaganda posted at the early voting facility at City Hall ever since early voting began.

Several citizens noticed and brought in a lawyer, who wrote a cease and desist letter. The letter is shown below:

Election laws are fo suckas
As of yesterday, the city ignored this cease and desist letter. We'll be watching the polling places today in New Brighton to see if the city has once again put their propaganda up. If you want the corrupt regime at City Hall to get some oversight, be sure to vote Yes.

2 comments:

Ben Jones said...

The city letter was up at St. John's this morning. The head election judge told me that the city attorney said it was okay. Not sure what the argument is that this doesn't violate Minnesota Statutes 211b.11. Seems like a pretty open and shut violation to me.

Mr. D said...

Thanks, Ben. My wife voted around 11:30 at the NB Community Center and the letter was not posted there, or at least she didn’t see it. Wondering if someone got to them. I’m going to vote later today and I’ll report on what I find out. I agree; it has to be a statutory violation.