Thursday, November 22, 2018

Benster and D Pick Your Games -- Happy Thanksgiving Edition

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our readers, and may the turkey not put you to sleep. If the turkey won't do it, watch the LOLions crap the bed in the Kitty Litter Box.

What could be a more traditional Thanksgiving greeting? And, as always, our Thanksgiving pal sends his regards:

Bon Appetit, y'all!
Every time I give thanks for the many blessings in my life, I never forget to contemplate one of the central blessings I've had, Old Dude!

What's that?

That you didn't raise me to be a Lions fan!

CPS would have come for me if I'd done that. So you're welcome, I guess?

That's a good point. But enough talk -- it's time to discuss the LOLions, in their traditional HYYYYYYPPPPE-less glory.  Watch me work!

Bear Down Chicago Da Bearz Still Suck (-3) vs. Detroit LOLions. Believe it or not, the Chicago Bears are still in first place in the NFC North. Gino has reminded us of that many times this season. But we do need to acknowledge that the first-place Bears coughed up a grizzly hairball at Lambeau earlier this season. The Bears are apparently going to rely on Chase Daniel to be their quarterback this afternoon. The Lions are not very good this year. I'm sure that's not particularly surprising to you, since we could say the same thing about the Lions every year since 1957, which is so long ago that even Old Dude wasn't born yet. The Bears should win because of their defense and running game. Bears 31, LOLions 20.

The Lions are not only bad, but they're kinda schizo this year. They get killed by the Jets, then kill the Patriots. No one knows which Lions team will show up. That makes it difficult to pick their games. Mitchell Trubisky is the little girl with the curl; when he's good, he's very good, but when he's bad, he's awful. The problem for the Bears is no one knows what the Bears are when the little quarterback with the curl is missing. Vegas must hate this game. I think Khalil Mack gets his, so. . . Bears 24, Lions 20.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, everyone! And remember, if you don't like your family that much, it would be a really nice gesture to start an argument about Trump when the cranberries are being passed. Ben out!

1 comment:

3john2 said...

I watched the Bears-Lions game with mixed emotions. Of course I wanted the Bears to lose, but I'm also a big Chase Daniel fan from his Mizzou days. He's made serious bank as a back-up to some seriously durable starting QBs, but I've longed lobbied mentally for the Vikings to bring him in as a back-up, going back to the T-Jack days. I mean, each of his last two years in college the dude passed for 4,000 and ran for 1,000 yards. Too bad he's closer to Russell Wilson-size, rather than Blaine Gabbert-size, I guess..