Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Birth of the Kulak


Something has to be done.


I have to admit it. I've published critical things about the president's grand designs for health care and let's face it, it was pretty damned impertinent of me. And it's entirely possible that something that has appeared under my byline is "fishy."


The White House is rightly concerned:



There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

Let's face it, we need to be sympathetic to the concerns of the White House on this. It's pretty damned tough to keep track of all the casual conversations that are going on in this country. Most places that are efficient at doing that have taken many years to develop a network of secret police that is comprehensive and disciplined enough to do it. Just between you and me, I went to my neighborhood block party yesterday and I'm almost certain that a few of my neighbors said something untoward, too. We simply can't have that.


Now I had it on pretty good authority that the shag nasties of the Bush administration were doing stuff to develop such a force for their evil purposes, but since the Bushies essentially sucked at everything, they were never quite able to develop the sort of comprehensive organization that would be useful to the nation in this, our hour of need. We just don't have the tools to keep track of those conversations that concern our now-benevolent leaders. So I really need your help to make sure that justice is done. Turn me in. And don't worry -- once I'm in custody, I'll make sure my neighbors are turned in, too.


The e-mail address is in the cited quote above. I'll repeat the address just in case your scroll bar isn't working. It's flag@whitehouse.gov. Paste that into your browser if you need to, do whatever it takes. Do it for your country.

No comments: